Thursday, November 12, 2015

WHY DO I CREATE THESE BLOGS?



     As with my missing immigrant information blog, I will use clues to determine if I think a person is or was homeless before their death. Deceased bodies hold tons of information about who the person was in life. More than we tend to think that they do. However, something else I learned is that the possessions we carry on us every day also speaks volumes about who we are as people and who we are as a person. So, I figured I would just use some of the same basic principals I use in determining who is possibly an immigrant in determining who I believe is probably homeless or who lives a transient lifestyle.

     I am far from an expert of anything. I just happen to have more compassion than most people do for people.Especially, people I view as underdogs of this society we live in. I do not necessarily feel sorry for people unless there is a good reason to. But, I do have this huge ability of being able to empathize with people. I automatically do it, even when I try my best not to. Because it can be very daunting for me to always feel empathy for people who suffer. I have been this way my whole life. But, it was not until I reached my 40's that I realized that most people do not do this with everyone they meet or know. I just thought it was something that everyone naturally does.

   This is probably one of the reasons I learned to self-medicate early in life. Because I did not know how to shut this overwhelming gift off. I always thought I was just high-strung. I did not realize that I feel all of my feelings more intensely than most people. Then I finally found that I had to learn how to deal with my feelings in a better way that self-medicating was no longer an option. Then for years I just suffered with these overwhelming emotions. Then years ago when I finally learned to use my computer and the internet I figured out what had been going on with me all along. And I found if I worked towards helping other people in any way that I could it helped me hold them in check better. I do not know why but when I started becoming active in Human rights issues things just seemed to quiet down inside of me and I am now able to shut the unwanted emotions out. I learned to turn them off and on. Besides it was a huge relief to learn that I was not crazy. I just had the ability to feel things even feel the emotions of other people when they are really strong in them. Everyone does this. But, most people do it to a lesser degree than I do or others who are like me. I am not saying that I am a psychic. Because that word just does not jive with me. I will say that I am a sensitive. But, that is as far as it goes.

    So, this is why I have made these blogs. I have made them out of selfishness, the selfishness of wanting to be able to cope better and to help others as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment