Thursday, July 23, 2015

JUST SOME TERMS THAT THE MEDIA USE AND THEIR MEANINGS THAT MANY PEOPLE ARE FAMILIAR WITH (part 1)



      When I first starting learning about politics through the Media there were many phrases and words that I did not know or understand. I am going to list some and their meanings. I am doing this in no particular order.


 I guess I will start with a word I had heard many times in the past and I sort of knew what it meant, because we can all figure out the meaning of s lot of words by the context that it is being used. For me, it is a lot easier to do this while reading than by hearing it being used.

 Misogynist; This is a word that I use a lot , but it is a word that has gained popularity in the Media, as well. It means a man who hates women. Or in the least, one who feels we are inferior.

  Actually, I am shocked just how many men in prominent positions feel that men are superior to women and this is what has pissed me off and put me on a political role of bitching non-stop about it and the women who have put them in office knowing full-well they hate women. One day when a man overheard me stating that Ted Nugent is a woman hater he said, "well he has a wife" using this as proof that I am wrong about Ted. Come on,men need sex and of course they are going to get married because of this and even a bigger reason. They need a servant. I am not saying that Ted's wife is a servant,because I honestly, do not know much about his personal life. But, I find it hard to believe that a strong and independent woman who can totally stand alone and understands what he is trying to do politically would be married to him. I could probably not be in a room with him for any period of time without having to fight the urge off of bashing him in his big mouth. Just sayin!!!!


noun
  1. 1.
    a person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against women.
    synonyms:woman-haterMore
adjective
  1. 1.
    relating to or characteristic of a misogynist.
    "a misogynist attitude





No comments:

Post a Comment